Balboa School partners with many schools to run international elementary, junior high, high school, test preparation and college counseling programs abroad.
Sino – U.S. Dual Diploma Program
Balboa School partners with cooperating schools abroad to allow international high school students to register with a program offering a dual-country education. Students must meet all academic requirements in order to receive a diploma from each school. These courses are aligned with the U.S. Common Core Standards and are specifically adapted to meet the unique needs of non-native English speakers preparing for an English-speaking college education. Students take all classes in English with qualified U.S. teachers and complete all homework and tests in English. Students not only improve their English-speaking ability but also gain invaluable experience in the English learning environment.
- Designed to work within the student’s current high school program
- Integrates TOEFL & SAT preparation into the high school course curriculum
- All courses conducted using American high school textbooks aligned with Common Core State Standards
- College preparatory curriculum
- Students’ grades are evaluated using the most advanced grading and student evaluation system, ensuring that all students are assessed in the best way possible
- Successfully helps high school students attend his/her dream university in the U.S.
- Balboa School provides dual diploma schools with an excellent support team
- All students receive the letters of recommendation that are required by U.S. university applicants
- Students are given many opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities
- College Counseling provided to ensure students have the best opportunities
Balboa School provides English as a Second Language (ESL) and/or U.S. courses in science, reading, and writing in Chinese junior, middle and high schools in order to prepare students for studying abroad and to improve English abilities.
These classes feature engaging daily lessons that focus on teaching English: Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing, within a specific content of study.
All teaching assignments and curriculum will be made by Balboa School, who will provide a qualified teacher, curriculum structure, and supplemental materials for the programs.
Short Term Study Tour Programs
- Balboa School’s close location to downtown Escondido, CA creates an excellent opportunity to provide a variety of local experiences to visiting international students.
- Balboa School offers short-term study programs to schools and/or agencies for groups of students during winter and summer months.
- Students are able to participate in engaging ESL classes on campus in the mornings and cultural excursions in the afternoons.
For more information about our international programs abroad, please contact the following:
Charles Lundgren: Director of Marketing
Natalie Clark Addleson: Vice Principal/International Program Director
David Wisner: President, Provost International Programs and College Counseling
Joanna Chen: Director of Strategic Initiative and Dean of Dual Diploma Program
Libby Zhang: Dean of International College Counseling